- Fisher, H.E., Aron, A., Brown, L.L. Romantic love: a mammalian brain system for mate choice. Philosoph Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci., Dec29;361(1476): 2173-86, Review, 2006.
- Fisher, H., Aron, A., Brown, L.L. Romantic love: an fMRI study of a neural mechanism for mate choice. J Comp Neurol, Dec 5;493(1):58-62, Review, 2005.
- Breuer O., Lawhorn C., Miller T., Smith D.M., Brown L.L. Functional architecture of the mammalian striatum: Mouse vascular and striosome organization and their anatomic relationships. Neurosci Lett., Sep16;385(3):198-203, 2005.
- Aron A., Fisher H., Mashek D.J., Strong G., Li H., Brown L.L. Reward, motivation, and emotion systems associated with early-stage intense romantic love. J Neurophysiol., Jul;94(1):327-37, 2005.
- Veliskova J., Miller A.M., Nunes M.L., Brown L.L. Regional neural activity within the substantia nigra during peri-ictal flurothyl generalized seizure stages. Neurobiol Dis., Dec; 20(3):752-9, 2005.
- Brown, L.L., Feldman, S.M., Smith, D.M., Cavanaugh, J.R., Ackermann, R.F. and Graybiel, A.M. Differential metabolic activity in the striosome and matrix compartments of the rat striatum during natural behaviors, J. Neuroscience, 22(1);305-314, 2002.
- Brown, L.L., Popper, A.M., Lipton, M.L., Gormley, R.M. and Katz, P.M. Somatosensory activation and tissue compartments in the human striatum: MRI and PET studies, in Basal Ganglia VII (eds. Nicholson, Louise F.B. and Faull, R.L.M.), Plenum Press, New York, 2002.
- Lidsky, T.I. and Brown, L.L. Behavioural Context and a Distributed System: Metabolic Mapping Studies of the Basal Ganglia, Canadian Journal of Experimental Psychology, 53(1):35-43, 1999.
- Brown, L.L., Smith, D.M., and Goldbloom, L. Organizing Principles for Cortical Integration in the Rat Neostriatum: the Body Surface Map is an Ordered Lattice of Curved Laminae and Radial Points, Journal of Comparative Neurology, 392(4):468-488, 1998.
- Brown, L.L., Schneider, J.S., and Lidsky, T.I. Sensory and cognitive functions of the basal ganglia, Current Opinion in Neurobiology, 7:157-163, 1997.
- Brown, L.L., Hand, P.J., Divac, I. The Representation of a single vibrissa in the rat neostriatum: peaks of metabolism reveal a distributed functional module, Neuroscience, 75:717-728, 1996.
- Brown, L.L., Sharp, F.R. Metabolic mapping of rat striatum: somatotopic organization of sensorimotor activity, Brain Research, 686:207-222, 1995.
- Sharp, F.R., Rando, T.A., Greenberg, S.A., Brown, L.L., Sagar, S.M. Pseudochoreoathetosis: Movements Associated with Loss of Proprioception, Archives of Neurology, 51:1103-1109, 1994.
- Brown, L.L. Somatotopic Organization in Rat Striatum: Evidence for a Combinational Map, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 89:7403-7407, 1992.
- Brown, L.L. and Lorden, J.F. Regional Cerebral Glucose Utilization Reveals Widespread Abnormalities in the Motor System of the Rat Mutant Dystonic, J. Neuroscience, 9:4033-4041, 1989.
- Brown, L.L., Feldman, S.M., and Wolfson, L.I. Functional Neuroanatomic Mapping of the Rat Striatum: Regional differences in Glucose Utilization in Normal Controls and After Treatment with Apomorphine. Brain Research, 411:65-71, 1987.
- Wolfson, L.I., Leenders, K.L., Brown, L.L., Jones, T. Alterations of regional cerebral blood flow and oxygen metabolism in Parkinson's Disease. Neurology, 35:1399-1405, 1985.
- Wolfson, L.I. and Brown, L.L. Intrastriatal Injection of 3H Dopamine Through a Chronic Cannula to Produce Rotation: Distribution and Concentration of the Tracer in Specific Brain Regions. Brain Research, 261, 205-212, 1983.
- Brown, L.L. and Wolfson, L.I. A Dopamine-Sensitive Striatal Efferent System Mapped with 14C Deoxyglucose in the Rat. Brain Research, 261, 213-229, 1983.
- Warner, C., Brown, L.L. and Wolfson, L.I. L-Dopa Produces Regional Changes in Glucose Utilization which Form Discrete Anatomic Patterns in Motor Nuclei and the Hypothalamus of Rats. Experimental Neurology, 78, 591 601, 1982.
- Brown, L.L., Makman, M.H., Wolfson, L.I., Dvorkin, B., Warner, C. and Katzman, R. A Direct Role of Dopamine in the Rat Subthalamic Nucleus and an Adjacent Intra-peduncular Area. Science, 206:1416-1418, 1979.
- Brown, L.L. and Wolfson, L.I. Apomorphine Increases Glucose Utilization in the Substantia Nigra, Subthalamic Nucleus and Corpus Striatum of Rat. Brain Research, 140:188-193, 1978.
- Epilepsy-related publications
- Moshé, S.L., Garant, D.S., Sperber, E.F., Velísková, J., Kubová, H., Brown, L.L., Ontogeny and topography of seizure regulation by the substantia nigra, Brain and Development, 17 (suppl):61-72, 1995.
- Moshé, S.L., Brown, L.L., Kubová, H., Velísková, J. Sperber, E.F. Maturation and Segregation of Brain Systems that Modify Seizures, Brain Research, 665:141-146, 1994.
- Engel, J.E., Wolfson, L. and Brown, L.L. Anatomical Correlates of Electrical and Behavioral Events Related to Amygdaloid Kindling. Annals of Neurology, 3:538-544, 1978.
- Estrogen-related publications
- Brown, L.L., Pasi, S., Etgen, A.M. Estrogen regulation of µ opioid receptor density in hypothalamic premammillary nuclei, Brain Research, 742:347-351, 1996.
- Brown, L.L., Siegel, H., Etgen, A.M., Global sex differences in stress-induced activation of cerebral metabolism revealed by 2-deoxyglucose autoradiography, Hormones and Behavior, 30:611-617, 1996.